- 1 cup uncooked organic brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons organic butter, or coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped organic onion
- 1/2 cup chopped or grated organic carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped organic green onions
- 3 Tablespoons organic sesame seeds
- 4 organic eggs (or your vegan choice)
- 4 Tablespoons organic wheat-free soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
Cook rice according to package directions. In a large frying pan melt butter or coconut oil
Add onions, carrots and scallions. Sauté until carrots are translucent.
Set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place sesame seeds in a shallow pan. (or can use a toaster oven, that’s what I do)
Bake until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes), shaking pan occasionally for
even color. Lightly oil another frying pan with coconut oil. Beat eggs.
Cook as you would scrambled eggs. Combine rice, vegetables,
sesame seeds and eggs. Add soy sauce and mirin. Stir.
Photo courtesy Greyhawk68